Hurro .. #guidowongolini #wear_without_care #whats_new_is_old #whats_old_is_new #grown_man_style #gms #creative_disorder (at Sydney CBD)
- (‘A series where we talk some more about what we decide to reblog’)
There is a vague notion, among the uninitiated, that adherence to basic rules leads to boring dressing. When I think of those people and a rebuke for them my mind often turns to Guido Wongolini (the brilliant elder statesman behind mostexerent).
Wongolini recently got married - mazal tov - and used the occasion to relaunch his style series #wear_without_care. Espousing a uniform of well proportioned and tonally simple clothing, he eschewed a fancy black tie get up for something more contemporary. This kind of epitomizes his style: uncomplicated non-radical attire elevated by attention to detail.
I share this image because through it one can see how simplicity is not staidness:
- La Spalla Camicia - the waterfall effect in the shoulder/sleevehead is a subtle detail that unconsciously renders a jacket’s vibrancy more casual.
- Hand rolled square - pocket squares in the tv fold frequently fall into the white linen category but Guido’s rig employs a square with colored edges. This small detail is a great way to break up an outfit without having to fold a giant piece of origami performance art on the breast.
- Textured chocolate tie - stay away from ridiculous patterns (anything that Fry’s Jeeves would wince at) and opt instead for a chocolate grenadine in a luxurious texture. Your wallet will thank you, you’d be surprised how versatile such an item can be.
- Eyewear - aside from timepieces, a man’s eyewear is still one of the only areas in which he can unequivocally relax slightly. Aviators with a flat temple in tortoiseshell are a great choice.
STYLE | ETERNITY